Monday, January 21, 2013

Heartfelt connection and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr day!!


“Occasionally in life there are those moments of unutterable fulfillment which cannot be completely explained by those symbols called words.   
Their meanings can only be articulated by the inaudible language of the heart.”
-Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Pause and reflect on these words. They ring exceptionally true in life and for myself with the work that I do. There is such a healing presence in the animal companions I have served. With each experience of me providing "healing" and relief to them, I have found that they, themselves, are my most profound teachers and each experience shares healing with me.

Words indeed cannot fully or comparably describe the heartfelt connection that occurs. Those are the moments that my heart sings and comes more alive.

There is so much wisdom behind much of what Dr. King spoke throughout his life. Many of his speeches and quotes resonate with me and are applicable to life as we experience it today. Both to how we relate to fellow 2-legged's and how we relate to other beings we share this earthly experience with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment