Sunday, June 23, 2013

My 4H Weekend. I LOVE this group!!

Just getting home from a FANTASTIC long weekend in West Virginia where I spent some time teaching/coaching/guiding and learning from a lovely group of PHENOMENAL young people. The 4H High Riders Horse Club's camp. This year the theme was "Healthy Rider, Healthy Horse." You may have heard me mention in the past how much I absolutely LOVE and ADORE this group and what they are doing. My dear friend, Suzanne, of Appalachian Hoof Care is bringing a whole new dynamic and paradigm to these girls (& boys), outside of "conventional" thought and training. She is opening their world up to Holistic Care and truly BEing with their horse(s). A true *honoring* of the horse. I am so honored, thrilled, and grateful to be a part of this collective (last year's theme was "All About Balance"). I am also humbled by the true desire and compassion this particular group displays and their capacity and hunger to *learn* and know more. I LOVE teaching and sharing what I do, holistic health, integrative therapies, and the "healing team" concept. The group of instructors that served as my peers are also all truly phenomenal individuals. From healthy eating to trails and obstacles. From following a "feel" to learning to feel. The changes in the girls and transformation of the horses in their care is and was such a blessing to witness, acknowledge, and be a party to. I am extremely proud and grateful to the fact that these girls and what they have learned from my teachings and that of others, are our next generation of horse tenders.  How lucky is this world to have them??? Wonderful, wonderful weekend!!! What did you all do??~**Inez

If you're interested in reading and learning more about this very special group, check out these 2 articles.


http://www.naturalhorse.com/PDF/kids-roundup-balance.pdf

http://blog.easycareinc.com/blog/team-easyboot/4-h-goes-bare-and-booted

No comments:

Post a Comment